Feeling Naked
They installed new hardwares last Thursday and surprise, surprise, they did not get it working that day as well as the next. Maintenance crew do not work on Saturdays and Sundays so our no-internet days were extended to 4 days. We were able to log-in but would lost connection less than 10mins, imaging losing connection while checking emails. My friends and I can only play DOTA against AI......
The worse part was that they blamed the problem on us. Below is the picture I taken from a notice placed in the lobby. The image is quite blur but reading should not be a problem.

This is the 1st time I heard of network collapsed due to virus. Putting aside on whether that reason is genuine, the fact that the previous ISP did not collapse with the same tenants proved that they were not the factor, a very lame excuse.
My laptop crashed on Friday, a blue screen came up stating a driver error as well as binary codes which I believed is hardware address. I had this problem with my desktop a few years back. It kept showing the blue screen which I kept ignoring until it could not boot up. A chip on the motherboard had burnt upon inspection on the hardware.
I suspect that the problem lies with my LAN card. It kept acquiring IP addresss over the passed few days during the change of ISP. It was during those acquiring that took up most of my CPU that inevitably crashed. It crashed as long as the LAN cable was plug in. The problem is gone now, with the ISP up and running smoothly. Should I still send my laptop to service??? The warranty ends at end of next month.
I could not help but to bring my camera to school to take this picture(below), it has been up since the start of the semester. The content is slightly different from then but the 'strike' remains.
posted by Estan @ 12:35:00 AM (GMT+08:00).


