Sunday, March 12, 2006

Days of Uncertainties

Another week passed, I am hoping that all the uncertainties is truly gone. 1st was my 3 semester project. Purchasing of the components is really a hassle since my project is considered to be in the specialized market. Every local distributors that I contacted, did not have what I wanted in stock. They will have to get them from US which will take a minimum of 10 weeks.

I should have purchased these components last semester. However as Rafael Benitez said after Liverpool crashed out of Champion League, "The players are disappointed but we cannot change what has happened and we now must move onto the next game, keep going and try to correct the problems.", same thing applies to me.

I am still going to purchase those components(ordered by next week, hopefully). In the meantime, I am going do the things I can do. Creating the device with commercially available products(putting together instead of integrating all) to demonstrate the concept of the project. Create the firmware and the driver as well as designing the circuit which are also for end-of-semester evaluation purposes.

Another issue was about my highly interested subject 'Introduction to Simulation and Virtual Environment' which was cancelled on Wednesday, reason being that there were not enough teaching staffs. My friends and I were shell shock, the class was nearly full and the lecturer for the 1st 2 lessons had no indication of any problems. He was so enthusiastic in his teachings during those lessons! We even managed to convince a friend to join the elective prior to receiving the news.

This really causes problems for my friends and I. Firstly, we need to find another elective ASAP as adding/changing of subjects ends on Firday(10/03) which is 2 days left. changing to a new elective means we will be 2 weeks behind other students which is a position no 1 wants. There is a difference from still choosing an elective, as students will still go to the lectures under their lists to make the final decision so they will not miss much. For my friends and I, we would have lost 2 weeks.

Secondly, going from a highly interested subject to a subject of 'not even in your list' is really depressing. After sweeping through the list of available subjects which none of them interest us, we decided to swop the related course 'Introduction to Simulation Technology' in our semester 2 over to semester 1 and vice versa. That subject is more on theory instead of practical which is really a bugger as we have to digest the 1st few lessons in 1 week instead of 3 weeks. Now, we just hope there will not be any cancellation in semester 2.


My New Timetable

posted by Estan @ 1:00:00 PM (GMT+08:00).



Photo Album Links
F1 Grand Prix(03/04/06)
Genting Trip(07/01/06)
Melbourne Tour(30/06/05)
Melbourne City(05/03/05)
Melbourne Obeservation Deck(02/03/05)
Great Ocean Road(26/02/05)

About Me
24 years old from Singapore, studying Computer Systems in RMIT University.

Interests
Computers, Anime, Manga, Movies, TV, Liverpool FC

Disclaimer
What u have read, are my experiences, encounters and views at the point of writing. It is for me to look back and re-evaluate how different I think now and then. Comments are welcome.

Joke Per Post (If I Remember)
Mexican American War

During the Mexican/American war, an intense long standoff occurred along the front. For days and days neither side made any advances. Finally, an American general had a bright idea.
He aimed his rifle to the Mexican trenches and yelled "Hey Juan!"
A soldier jumped up and replied "What?"
The general shot him dead. This continued for three days.
A Mexican general decided that two could play this game and decided to try it out. He called out "Hey John!!"
An American replied "John isn't here......is that you Juan?"
The Mexican general stood up, "Yeah!"...

Interesting Links
Xpat Xperience
Redfish
OpenOffice vs. Microsoft Office
Linux Fedora Boot Faster
Microsoft and Opera Battle Result
Win XP2 Review and Tweak
Google + Bush









 Use OpenOffice.org

Firefox Flicks!




moon info