Friday, February 17, 2006

Surprise

I went to NTUC Fairprice at Kallang Bahru a few days ago. On my way to the entrance, I saw this(below) barber shop and was surprised to see there was a row of LAN desktops in it too.



After digesting what I saw, I felt that this was a really good idea to increase profit and attract business. Spaces were loan out for these desktops to serve net surfing and gaming and people can watch/play the games while waiting for their turns. Even the people getting their haircut can watch the game through reflection of the mirrors!

My school's timetable was out yesterday, I managed to squeeze all the tutorials and laboratories on Mon-Wed along with the lectures falling on these days as well. Basically, it will be a 3 days week, Mon being the longest from 1130am-530pm with no breaks.

There maybe a possibility that I might shift an elective that I am supposed to take next semester to this semester. If I do, Mon will be even longer as the classes for that elective are on Mon 530pm-930pm.

5 days are left before I fly to Melbourne. Though I am sad about leaving my family and gf again, I am happy that I will be able to watch Liverpool's Champion League 1st leg knock out match with Benfica! I just checked the schedule on starhub cable tv website. It will be on ESPN, Wed early morning. I always have the fear that the match will be on the next day or that ESPN will choose to telecast other matches but I am glad that my fear did not come true.

posted by Estan @ 4:58:00 PM (GMT+08:00).



Photo Album Links
F1 Grand Prix(03/04/06)
Genting Trip(07/01/06)
Melbourne Tour(30/06/05)
Melbourne City(05/03/05)
Melbourne Obeservation Deck(02/03/05)
Great Ocean Road(26/02/05)

About Me
24 years old from Singapore, studying Computer Systems in RMIT University.

Interests
Computers, Anime, Manga, Movies, TV, Liverpool FC

Disclaimer
What u have read, are my experiences, encounters and views at the point of writing. It is for me to look back and re-evaluate how different I think now and then. Comments are welcome.

Joke Per Post (If I Remember)
Mexican American War

During the Mexican/American war, an intense long standoff occurred along the front. For days and days neither side made any advances. Finally, an American general had a bright idea.
He aimed his rifle to the Mexican trenches and yelled "Hey Juan!"
A soldier jumped up and replied "What?"
The general shot him dead. This continued for three days.
A Mexican general decided that two could play this game and decided to try it out. He called out "Hey John!!"
An American replied "John isn't here......is that you Juan?"
The Mexican general stood up, "Yeah!"...

Interesting Links
Xpat Xperience
Redfish
OpenOffice vs. Microsoft Office
Linux Fedora Boot Faster
Microsoft and Opera Battle Result
Win XP2 Review and Tweak
Google + Bush









 Use OpenOffice.org

Firefox Flicks!




moon info