Wednesday, February 22, 2006

For Special Audience

There must be some knowledge of China's history and history based games to understand this post. My friends would know me as a person who loves sci-fi and, myths and legends show. Eg. Startrek, firefly, buffy, angel...etc. I bet they would be surprised to know that I am Originally a historical show lover.

I was crazy with Romance of Three Kingdom when I was a kid, and still is. Through that novel I began to interest myself with bits and pieces of China's history. I was most focus on China's history during history classes and those chapters were the only 1s, I enjoy studying.

A few weeks back, I saw a drama showing on cable channel 55. It was about how the 1st emperor of Han Dynasty rose to power and founded that Dynasty. After watching a few episodes regarding strategy play, I could not help but played an old sega Romance of Three Kingdom game. The romance happened towards the end of the Han Dynasty.


Check out the year the game was made.




The famous 3 sworn brothers. Majority should at least know about the 2nd brother. He is worshipped as a god.


Another famous character, there is a phrase using his name that is passed down generations after generations.

I continued from a saved data that I could not recall when I stopped but I remembered why. There is a bug in the game, it will randomly hang the game whenever there is a screen change. The screen is changed from the below to the characters' screens above then back to that screen. The bug surfaces randomly during the switching back of the screen.



Hang......

After some trials and errors, I noticed a pattern and found the cause. The bug will only surface when there are additional objects on the screen. Eg, Troops, troops destination mark or carriage.



I am willing to spend time to debug this game, is because the game play is different to the later similar versions of it. 1 of the features that I liked is, there is much more control in war play. Troops deployment and movements are less restricting(below).




The players are able to choose the formation during pre-engagement.






The best part is during the duel. The player is able to control the character to fight his opponent. There are options to persuade, anger, surrender and retreat.

Engaging and persuading the opponent to surrender.







Winning the duel(The opponent was killed).


These features are not seen in the later versions. I am not sure about the last few versions as I stopped playing since secondary school. :P

The saved data was about 1/4 ahead of the game, most of the key characters were well-trained. I completed the game yesterday night. I am not sure how long it took me as I played less than 2 hrs per day and even on alternate days. Here are the screenshots of the animated ending.











I will be flying to Melbourne in less than 9 hrs. This will be my last post in Singapore for quite sometime and 1 of the most pictured post.

posted by Estan @ 3:22:00 PM (GMT+08:00).



Photo Album Links
F1 Grand Prix(03/04/06)
Genting Trip(07/01/06)
Melbourne Tour(30/06/05)
Melbourne City(05/03/05)
Melbourne Obeservation Deck(02/03/05)
Great Ocean Road(26/02/05)

About Me
24 years old from Singapore, studying Computer Systems in RMIT University.

Interests
Computers, Anime, Manga, Movies, TV, Liverpool FC

Disclaimer
What u have read, are my experiences, encounters and views at the point of writing. It is for me to look back and re-evaluate how different I think now and then. Comments are welcome.

Joke Per Post (If I Remember)
Mexican American War

During the Mexican/American war, an intense long standoff occurred along the front. For days and days neither side made any advances. Finally, an American general had a bright idea.
He aimed his rifle to the Mexican trenches and yelled "Hey Juan!"
A soldier jumped up and replied "What?"
The general shot him dead. This continued for three days.
A Mexican general decided that two could play this game and decided to try it out. He called out "Hey John!!"
An American replied "John isn't here......is that you Juan?"
The Mexican general stood up, "Yeah!"...

Interesting Links
Xpat Xperience
Redfish
OpenOffice vs. Microsoft Office
Linux Fedora Boot Faster
Microsoft and Opera Battle Result
Win XP2 Review and Tweak
Google + Bush









 Use OpenOffice.org

Firefox Flicks!




moon info