Sunday, January 15, 2006

Tribute to James Doohan(March 3, 1920 - July 20, 2005)

I read the article on July 21, 2005 about James Doohan who had passed away the day before, on Startrek.com. Although I am a trek fan, I seldom visit the website. That day however, something made me click on the link of the website in my bookmark.

After reading the article, I had the urge to give my tribute to James Doohan on my blog. I changed my mind as I was writing. The reason was that I could not get some details correct. The details were about how he prevented a fan from committing suicide in a short clip from 'Trekkies'. Trekkies is a documentary on how big Startrek is around US(The world in Trekkis II), and how it has affected the lives of the fans.

I watched Trekkies before I went to Melbourne. I did not have the chance to watch any classic series before that time so I was not that familiar with the cast. After I arrived at Melbourne, I managed to watch classic series 1 through rental and got to know the cast. 1 thing that I realized was that everytime he appeared in the screen, I will have flash back of his clip in Trekkies.

Yesterday, I got Trekkies on my hands again, sought to where his clip was and watched it. I wanted to write it down like I planned the previous time but why should I, with YouTube on the web. So here it is the clip from Trekkies.


posted by Estan @ 11:14:00 AM (GMT+08:00).



Photo Album Links
F1 Grand Prix(03/04/06)
Genting Trip(07/01/06)
Melbourne Tour(30/06/05)
Melbourne City(05/03/05)
Melbourne Obeservation Deck(02/03/05)
Great Ocean Road(26/02/05)

About Me
24 years old from Singapore, studying Computer Systems in RMIT University.

Interests
Computers, Anime, Manga, Movies, TV, Liverpool FC

Disclaimer
What u have read, are my experiences, encounters and views at the point of writing. It is for me to look back and re-evaluate how different I think now and then. Comments are welcome.

Joke Per Post (If I Remember)
Mexican American War

During the Mexican/American war, an intense long standoff occurred along the front. For days and days neither side made any advances. Finally, an American general had a bright idea.
He aimed his rifle to the Mexican trenches and yelled "Hey Juan!"
A soldier jumped up and replied "What?"
The general shot him dead. This continued for three days.
A Mexican general decided that two could play this game and decided to try it out. He called out "Hey John!!"
An American replied "John isn't here......is that you Juan?"
The Mexican general stood up, "Yeah!"...

Interesting Links
Xpat Xperience
Redfish
OpenOffice vs. Microsoft Office
Linux Fedora Boot Faster
Microsoft and Opera Battle Result
Win XP2 Review and Tweak
Google + Bush









 Use OpenOffice.org

Firefox Flicks!




moon info