Sunday, January 01, 2006

Singapore Drivers(Majority)...%#$%&*%@#$%

I had not driven for approximately 9 months. After such a long period, your skill will rust. I experienced slide discomfort driving after I returned from BMT(~3 weeks), ATECH(~1 month)...etc so you can imagine the carnage to my skill in 9 months. Here is what happened, the 1st time(after I returned), I tried to move a car.



I have 3 cars in my house, my dad's, my bro's & my sis's. My sis does not drive to work so I use hers during office hours. Referring to the draft, I tried to move my sis's car out to the gate. The driving logic is to reverse to the right(step 1) and move forward to the back of my bro's car(step 2). My rusty logic wanted to move forward to the right(step 3) and reverse the car(step 4) out to the gate. That is totally impossible!!! I realized my illogical approach while I was attempting step 4. How embrassing...all the car owners came and laughed at me.

In the process of re-learning the skill, the style tends to change. That is what happened to me. In the past, I was always rushing, seldom used indicator lights, braked at the last moments...etc. Simply put that, I did not drive that safely especially when I was alone. Now, I am not rushing anymore. I notice that I am more relax while driving. When that happens, there are more time to think of using the indicator lights and brakes early.

On 2nd thought, this could also due to the influence of Aussie lifestyle or just plain simple 'aging'. Further thinking, this could be due to the lack of confidence in my skill. I wonder if I would switch back to my old self after I honed my skill back to where it was.

Here comes the reason of this post's title. I have been searching for any websites that list down all the shopping centres' parking rates in SG as I heard that the rates are getting higher(eg. per 1/2 hour) and there are lesser and lesser flat rates(per entry). During my search, I came across an 'Xpat Xperience' website. It is a website about living in SG wrote by 'Xpat'. The page I found is about SG traffic, I could not help but laugh out loud after reading it. Quote 'Indicators are virtually never used in Singapore'. I totally agreed as I was in that catergory in the past and you will be able to observe more when you are driving slower than others.

posted by Estan @ 3:37:00 PM (GMT+08:00).



Photo Album Links
F1 Grand Prix(03/04/06)
Genting Trip(07/01/06)
Melbourne Tour(30/06/05)
Melbourne City(05/03/05)
Melbourne Obeservation Deck(02/03/05)
Great Ocean Road(26/02/05)

About Me
24 years old from Singapore, studying Computer Systems in RMIT University.

Interests
Computers, Anime, Manga, Movies, TV, Liverpool FC

Disclaimer
What u have read, are my experiences, encounters and views at the point of writing. It is for me to look back and re-evaluate how different I think now and then. Comments are welcome.

Joke Per Post (If I Remember)
Mexican American War

During the Mexican/American war, an intense long standoff occurred along the front. For days and days neither side made any advances. Finally, an American general had a bright idea.
He aimed his rifle to the Mexican trenches and yelled "Hey Juan!"
A soldier jumped up and replied "What?"
The general shot him dead. This continued for three days.
A Mexican general decided that two could play this game and decided to try it out. He called out "Hey John!!"
An American replied "John isn't here......is that you Juan?"
The Mexican general stood up, "Yeah!"...

Interesting Links
Xpat Xperience
Redfish
OpenOffice vs. Microsoft Office
Linux Fedora Boot Faster
Microsoft and Opera Battle Result
Win XP2 Review and Tweak
Google + Bush









 Use OpenOffice.org

Firefox Flicks!




moon info