Sunday, January 01, 2006

Loud Family

Just had a conversation with my mum, about my 2 years old cousin. Her parents live together with my grandpa so we visit them regularly. My mum was pissed because her mum claimed that my mum was too loud when she played with my cousin so now my cousin seems to be afraid and they start to avoid my mum. This happens to my bro and dad as well, I am not sure about my sis though. The fact is that growing up as the youngest child under their care, I have to claim that all of them, including me is loud when we speak. My dad is the loudest; there is difficulty in differentiating whether he is scolding, lecturing or normal speaking.

As the head of the family is loud, there is little doubt that the rest of the family are loud too. The funny thing is we do not know about it. I only know about my loudness after I got to know my gf and started to correct myself. It was also when I started to observe the rest of my family. My bro is not that loud but my mum says that he resembles my dad the most among the siblings so my cousin is afraid of him too. ...Very funny...

From a more negative and superstitious angle about my cousin's issue, I believe everyone has a certain aversion among their looks. It intensifies when that person is not smiling or has a bad day; it is more obvious on people with dark skins. My dad's skin is very dark, followed by my bro then me, our faces have a certain aversion when we are not smiling. There was an incident, where I took my cousin's pacifier away from her mouth and she immediately ran to 1 corner and cried(or act like crying), just like she saw my dad or bro. She stops once I put the pacifier back in her mouth. I think my face's aversion scared her when I took the pacifier off. She likes to play with my gf, my sister-in-law and my other cousins where they all have fairer skins. ...Very funny...

posted by Estan @ 9:19:00 PM (GMT+08:00).



Photo Album Links
F1 Grand Prix(03/04/06)
Genting Trip(07/01/06)
Melbourne Tour(30/06/05)
Melbourne City(05/03/05)
Melbourne Obeservation Deck(02/03/05)
Great Ocean Road(26/02/05)

About Me
24 years old from Singapore, studying Computer Systems in RMIT University.

Interests
Computers, Anime, Manga, Movies, TV, Liverpool FC

Disclaimer
What u have read, are my experiences, encounters and views at the point of writing. It is for me to look back and re-evaluate how different I think now and then. Comments are welcome.

Joke Per Post (If I Remember)
Mexican American War

During the Mexican/American war, an intense long standoff occurred along the front. For days and days neither side made any advances. Finally, an American general had a bright idea.
He aimed his rifle to the Mexican trenches and yelled "Hey Juan!"
A soldier jumped up and replied "What?"
The general shot him dead. This continued for three days.
A Mexican general decided that two could play this game and decided to try it out. He called out "Hey John!!"
An American replied "John isn't here......is that you Juan?"
The Mexican general stood up, "Yeah!"...

Interesting Links
Xpat Xperience
Redfish
OpenOffice vs. Microsoft Office
Linux Fedora Boot Faster
Microsoft and Opera Battle Result
Win XP2 Review and Tweak
Google + Bush









 Use OpenOffice.org

Firefox Flicks!




moon info