My Thinking Profile
During his 1st lecture, he gave a talk about the styles of thinking. He showed us an example of a graph an individual's thinking. After that he said that students who are interested in finding their styles of thinking can email him so that he will send a list of questions and the students' answers be sent back to him. I received my evaluation last week. Here is the graph.

The 5 bars stand for:
(Quote)
The Synthesist: Sees likeness in apparent opposites, interested in change.
The Idealist: Welcomes broad range of views, seeks ideal solutions.
The Pragmatist: Seeks shortest route to payoff: "Whatever works,".
The Analyst: Seeks "one best way," interested in scientific solutions.
The Realist: Relies on facts and expert opinions, interested in concrete results.
This picture came together with a 6 pages file, explaining each style and the way the graph is interpreted. My thinking profile states that I prefer the thinking style of The Analyst more and I disregard the thinking styles of The Syntesist & The Pragmatist.
I could not find any online websites providing this type of evaluation services but I found a book "The Art of Thinking", the authors are the same on the acknowledgement in the file my lecturer sent to me and the title of the Question list is the same as the 1 in the content of the book listed on the website. Guess, I have to buy the book to learn how the evaluation is done. I will visit some bookstores when I returned to SG.
posted by Estan @ 7:33:00 PM (GMT+08:00).


