Current Social Situation...
I have not mentioned anything about my social life for the past few weeks. I have widen my social circle, started to approach classmates and gotten their msns or mobile phone nos. I gotten to know 3 more Singaporean classmates. 2 of them and I are taking a same subject. The other 1 is the cousin of 1 of them and is my neighbor too. All of us are staying in the same rental building. I have to say that I immediately "click" with them. They gave me the feeling of being with my friends in Singapore which I did not have with others. My neighbor said that perhaps we are in the same level of maturity! No arguments from me! We played soccer and badminton during the last 2 weekends and went to watch EPL match in the pub every week as well as helping out in each other in school work. Life is so much better compared to last semester! I guess I can put them in the ‘friends’ category. I will be sharing a 2 bedroom apartment with 1 of them next year but we have not put pens to the papers yet. There are still some issues that we have yet to sort out with the management.
I also gotten to know 2 Malaysian classmates, 1 is in my lab group. The other 1 is on a different lab session but was introduced to me by the Malaysian in my group. We helped each other on assignments and during labs. There is nothing that we do not talk about! They are those types of people that you will want to sit beside during classes. Sadly, they do not go out during weekends. I know this girl from the same group with 1 of the Malaysians. She is from China and had stayed in SG for the last 5 years. She studied in TP, the same Poly as I. I graduated 1 year earlier than her. Then I became government slave for 2 years and 4 months while she worked for 1 year plus before coming over this semester. We will be working on a term project together. The project needs 2 groups. Each group will be working on different parts of the project.
I also became closer with some of the classmates from last semester. 2 are locals while 2 are from an island somewhere near Africa. We talk about school work in every labs and tutorial sessions which I seldom did during last semester. They know a lot more students than me in the class so now I have quite a number of contacts and I am linked to their contacts. Courtesy of Social Network!
posted by Estan @ 10:47:00 PM (GMT+08:00).
About Me 24 years old from Singapore, studying Computer Systems in RMIT University.
Interests Computers, Anime, Manga, Movies, TV, Liverpool FC
Disclaimer What u have read, are my experiences, encounters and views at the point of writing. It is for me to look back and re-evaluate how different I think now and then. Comments are welcome.
Joke Per Post (If I Remember)
Mexican American War
During the Mexican/American war, an intense long standoff occurred along the front. For days and days neither side made any advances. Finally, an American
general had a bright idea.
He aimed his rifle to the Mexican trenches and yelled "Hey Juan!"
A soldier jumped up and replied "What?"
The general shot him dead. This continued for three days.
A Mexican general decided that two could play this game and decided to try it out. He called out "Hey John!!"
An American replied "John isn't here......is that you Juan?"
The Mexican general stood up, "Yeah!"...
|