Ansys, OpenSceneGraph, Java, Linux, Apache, Mysql and PHP......Stress!!!
Next is OpenSceneGraph, an open source high performance 3D graphics toolkit base on C++ and OpenGL. The project had began not long after the start of the semester, the problem is that none of my group members including me knows about anything on graphics including OpenGL. Therefore, we have to learn it from scratch. I do not even know how we ended up in this project in the 1st place!
3rd is Java, I learnt it during my poly days but the assignment I have for my 'Computer Network' is to implement TCP protocol on a game to make it a client/server game. Simply put it 'Socket programming' which I did not learn in my poly days. I can use any language I want so I have chosen Java, the 1 I am most familiar with. Aside from the assignment, I find it strange that in this module that I never touch anything on the hardware side, the full name is 'Computer Network Engineering 1'. Anything from Engineering should include a bit of hardware even if it is software based to make it more practical for us to learn, I am not taking IT! Perhaps it is because it is University instead of Polytechnic or the education system is different from Singapore. The lab has nothing to do with the lecture which is a downside for me as I am sort of a lab person, I learn through understanding from the labs. In the beginning I thought this module would be chicken feet for me as I have learnt 'Advance Networking' in poly but now I just hope I can at least achieve a pass! My Linux lecturer said "always multiple your problem by PI", that is probably how it is gonna get as it goes along, how true it is!
Lastly, my Linux module goes by the name of 'Information Systems Engineering 1', learning everything about linux basically. For the project, I have to convert a 'Purchase form' of my school department into a website. This sounds easy at 1st but have to implement database on the website. Linux, Apache, Mysql and PHP -> lamp, is a combination of powerful, free set of tools for a complete website. Linux - a operating system, Apache - server, Mysql - database, PHP(personal home page) - Html with embedded PERL scripts. All of this is fairly easy to learn as the lecturer is very good and very helpful. The problem for this project is kind of different from the above. I do not understand how the finance department process the purchases from the notes. There is a template of the purchase form given to us but from then on I do not know how to proceed. The lecturer and a lady from the financial department gave an explanation in 1 of the lecture but I still do not understand. I created a 'look and feel' web page following my project guide and...that is it. I just hope I can understand more during the project session starting this week, my class is tomorrow. Now all I can do is to get more familiarize with Mysql and PHP. And I am doing this project and the game assignment all alone as I mentioned in previous post.
By the way, for my previous post of my accommodation, I forgot another thing that will save me money. That is doing laundry over here, it cost only $3, $2 for washing machine and $1 for dryer. Whereas at my old accommodation, its $5, $3 for washing machine and $2 for dryer! Back to my Programming codes now......!
posted by Estan @ 11:10:00 PM (GMT+08:00).


